Peñoles, founded in 1887, is a mining group with integrated operations in smelting and refining non-ferrous metals and producing chemicals.
Peñoles maintains a leading position in the industries in which it operates:
- As the world's top producer of refined silver and the leader in metallic bismuth in the Americas.
- As the leading Latin American producer of refined gold and lead.
- Among the main refined zinc and sodium sulfate producers worldwide.
- Among the main Mexican export companies, with more than 80% of its sales made abroad.
- Peñoles shares have traded on the Mexican Stock Exchange since 1968 under the ticker PE&OLES, and are part of the Mexican Exchange Price Index and the new Sustainability Index.
Peñoles is part of Grupo BAL, a privately held diversified group of independent Mexican companies.