5 facts about Indochine Bio Plastiques (ICBP) Sdn Bhd, Malaysia.
1. Indochine Bio Plastiques (ICBP) Sdn Bhd – established in Johor, Malaysia in 2005; and awarded “Pioneer Status” by the Government of Malaysia in 2007 – specializes in injection moulding grade bio-based resin. ICBP also offers compostable film & extrusion resin grades.
2. ICBP is highly regarded as Malaysias bioplastic industry anchor. ICBP uses 2nd generation feedstock which is a by-product/waste of the cassava/tapioca plantation industry. Therefore, it is not made from food, nor is it competing with land for food crops. Not only it is renewable, it is also inexpensive, and abundant in quantity. Experts also expound on its low carbon footprint, cost of production and energy consumption.
3. The Green advantage of using our product is that the carbon footprint for the feedstock starts from zero as we are upcycling waste into high value bio based resin. Cradle to grave our carbon footprint is 40% better than traditional PP. It has a very low Global Warming Potential (GWP) which is confirmed by a Life Cycle Analysis report (ISO 14044) conducted by OWS, Belgium.
4. The main focus of ICBP is developing innovative solutions for bioplastics to promote global sustainability at a cost efficient level to plastic converters.
5. ICBP Bio Resin which is compliant with US FDA standards has been certified by various worldwide authorities, including the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), DINCertco, SGS, REACH and TUV Austria.