The EB 16-II Hot Set Tester is made for hot set testing of cable material according to IEC 60811-2-1 and other equivalent standards.
To avoid too high temperature loss when inserting and cutting the samples, the samples are introduced through a small opening in the top of the oven. To get a suitable working height and not shake the samples during insertion, the oven is fixed and the sample holder moves up and down by a servo motor driven screw system.
The oven has a controlled air exchange rate and low air speed which can be controlled by a flow meter, meeting the requirements for ageing ovens in IEC 60811-2-1.
Measurements are made through the window with a laser pointer mounted on a measuring scale placed on the door. The window can be taken apart for cleaning. When measuring the elongation with a push on a button on the scale, the measured values are entered into a spreadsheet template, via a Bluetooth connection.
The templates are for testing 3 flat samples, 3 round samples, 4 flat samples with possibility to have 2 different materials, and 4 round samples with possibility to have 2 different materials.
The set is measured outside the oven with a digital caliper also connected to the computer. A finished report can then be produced in a spreadsheet software.Standards
The oven performs well inside the apparatus requirements in IEC 60811-2-1 and other equivalent standards.Temperature range
+40 °C to +250 °CUseful volume
60 litresImportant specifications
- The sample holder moves up and down by a servo motor
- Special design with controlled air exchange rate and low air speed (<0,001 m/s), which is dependent on the air exchange rate only
- Temperature variation in time ± 0,25 °C
- Temperature variation in space ± 0,5 %
- Temperature controller with 0,1 °C setpoint
- Temperature indicator with sensor in the test space
- Solid state relay for safe control
- Adjustable over and under temperature limits with alarm
- Fixed over temperature fuse at 340 °C
- Over temperature safety relay
- Flowmeter with needle valve, for setting the air exchange rate
- The temperature, timers, alarms and movement are controlled by a micro PLC with colour touch screen
- Laser pointer for measuring the elongation
- Calliper for measuring the tension set
- Temperature controlled cooling fan for the electronics cabinet
- Run-time meter
Spreadsheet template for testing and result report for
- Clamps and weights for 8 samples are included as well as the computer (Windows)
- Necessary tools (e.g.stylus pen for PLC touch screen)
- Accredited calibration including certificate
- Manual in English
– 1 material, 3 samples
– 1 material, 3 samples – round material
– 2 materials, 2 samples per material
– 2 materials, 2 samples per material – round materialNot included accessories, needed for the hot set test
- a balance
- sample preparation instruments such as a cutting press, cutting dies, a marker, and a pair of scissors
- EB 16.01 – 1 set of extra grips, weights and hook
- EB 16.03 – 8 sets of extra grips, weights and hook
- EC 11 – Monitor Software
- Network cables