What do we do?
Established in 2006, Bydgoszcz Industrial Cluster incorporates companies of the tool and plastics processing industries and a range of business related institutions, including universities, research and development units, offices, entrepreneurs associations and financial institutions. The majority of companies in the processing and tool industry are small and medium-sized enterprises. Their activities are highly flexible. The clusters aim is the integration of processing and tool experts, representing their interests outside the industry and also establishing a network of business connections facilitating the operations of companies, access to human resources, technological development and an increase of innovation in production. The enterprises of the Cluster offer high-quality moulds and other processing tools and also deal with the manufacturing of plastic products for various industries, i.a. household appliances, food, medical, pharmaceutical, automotive, cosmetic and packaging industries.
The members of Bydgoszcz Industrial Cluster constitute a chain of suppliers – they offer both polymers and additives: masterbatches, fillers, modifying agents. They manufacture a complete range of tools for plastics processing: moulds, blow moulds, extrusion heads, rubber injection moulds, along with machining tools: blanking dies, stamping dies and forging dies. The tools are made of steel and often based on standard parts provided by local suppliers. The processors manufacture a variety of products by means of injection moulding, extrusion and blow moulding.
By 2022, as an effective and dynamic organisation, Bydgoszcz Industrial Cluster will have created favourable conditions for the development of enterprises, especially those of the plastics processing and tool industry with the participation and involvement of mutually co-operating entrepreneurs, R&D units, business related institutions and local authorities.
The mission of BIC is creating optimal development conditions, stimulating co-operation and integrating processors and tool manufacturers of the plastics sector in the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Region.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES OF BYDGOSZCZ INDUSTRIAL CLUSTER
* The development of the organisation of the Bydgoszcz Industrial Cluster through perfecting the cluster staff, acquiring new members, conducting analysis of the industry market, lobbying for improved conditions for company growth, popularising the plastics industry as the crucial one for the development of the Region, searching for and raising external funds to implement solutions.
* The promotion of the cluster concept, marketing activities such as: training courses, workshops and seminars and organisation of business meetings as forms which promote the cluster concept and knowledge among the present and potential members, the participation of cluster representatives in trade fairs and exhibitions, publishing promotional and advertising materials, maintaining the clusters website.
* The acquisition of new staff and increasing competencies and knowledge of the present staff of BICs members – promoting vocational training among junior high school pupils, co-operating with local vocational schools, technical high schools and universities, turning students career orientation towards technical professions, co-operating with the regional universities in terms of education in specific professions, initiating and organising seminars, workshops, meetings, discussions, training courses within the cluster on subjects related to the industry and enterprise management.
* The increase of the innovation level of BICs companies and stimulation of new investmentsby taking actions to create specialist research facilities for the clusters needs, acquiring and implementing the results of R&D work in the business activity of the cluster members, establishing a communication intranet platform, i.a. in the field of new technologies transfer, organisation of discussions and visits to cluster companies in order to arrive at common development undertakings of the cluster members.
* Internationalisation of BICs members into foreign markets and strengthening co-operation – devising a plan of international co-operation and cluster undertakings to acquire new groups of recipients of the offered products and services abroad, organising trips to international trade fairs and missions to present the commercial offer and initiate co-operation with business partners.