The original and still the best magnetic drawer filter magnets available.
FF Series Drawer Filter Magnets.
- High Strength Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets with our unique temperature compensated design, for superior high temperature operation.
- High Strength, fully welded 3mm Stainless Steel Body, capable of symmetrical compression loads of 4500kg.
- Patented “No Spill” Slide Gate, completely shuts off product flow for safe and clean removal of the drawer for cleaning.
- Flanges customised to customers own needs, for fast simple fitting.
- Range of optional extras, Standard Units Ex-Stock
- Designed to compliment the Bunting Magnetic MMS Metal Detector and can be supplied as turnkey cleaning station.
- Available in a High Temperature Model for temperatures upto 177° C.*
Bunting Magnetics FF Series Draw Magnets are perfectly suited for collecting and separating contaminant ferrous metal from gravity fed, dry, free flowing materials. Housed inside are the extremely strong Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets which do the capturing and holding of the tiny pieces of ferrous metal contaminant. Made specifically for the plastics industry, this is the only available drawer magnet design (exclusive to Bunting Magnetics) that features temperature-compensated rare earth magnets. With that benefit on board, they are compatible with high temperature (up to 80°C) machines like extrusion, injection and blow moulding machines while still maintaining a maximum pulling power. Guaranteeing a level of durability and a reduction in downtime, this particularly impressive series of drawer magnets has been a leader in the industry for more than 40 years.
Featuring a 3mm stainless steel , fully welded , housing which has been built in order to support symmetrical compression loads of 4,536 KG. The draw gasket which is designed to resist heat aging and compression set is cut from Ethylene Propylene Diene (EPDM) and allows for greater durability.
Although entirely optional, the ability to order the FF Series Drawer Magnets with either a self-cleaning or continuously self-cleaning option means that any production downtime can be reduced significantly. A detachable tramp tray, which comes as part of the self-cleaning model, means that spillages and clean-ups can largely be avoided.*FF350 High-Temp FF Drawer MagnetRated to 177° C for high-temp processing
The FF350 High-Temp Drawer Magnet answers the growing demand that both OEMs and end-user customers have to process material at higher temperatures. Higher temperatures promote plastic clarity and performance, particularly in injection molding, and the Bunting FF350 promotes product integrity. Since high heat can be damaging to rare earth magnets, careful attention was paid to maintaining magnetic strength while incorporating other design details. For example, in addition to a magnet upgrade, the standard Lexan viewing window was replaced with polycarbonate. Even the plastic knobs are rated for higher temperatures. The FF350 can be used in any plastic molding or extrusion application. Because the design of the housing for the FF350 is the same as the standard model, drawers and other accessories can be purchased separately to upgrade current FF Drawer Magnets already in use.
• High temperature-compensated rare earth magnets
• Drawer Gasket: Viton sponge material rated to 204° C maximum temperature to resist heat aging and compression set
• Drawer Front: Polysulfone material resists temperatures up to 177° C intermittent temperature operation
• High-Torque Nylon Knobs: Resists breakage at temperatures up to 177° C
• Rugged easy-to-clean 11-gauge stainless steel housing built to support symmetrical 10,000 lb. compression loads
• Stainless steel center drawer guide makes removal and re-installation of the magnet drawer for cleaning quick and easy
• Superior cartridge geometry and construction increases reach-out and holding power while maximizing cartridge life
• High-Temperature Parts are completely interchangeable with the standard FF Drawer Magnet