TIPPLEN is the registered trademark for isotactic polypropylene produced by the MOL Petrochemicals Co. Ltd., while TATREN is the registered trademark of polypropylene grades manufactured by SLOVNAFT, a.s.
All types of TIPPLEN and TATREN are characterised by the high purity of the polymer and consistent quality.
The product portfolio includes homopolymers, impact copolymers, random copolymers and TPO grades.
The wide range of grades and the consequent variation of their characteristics allow
MOL Petrochemicals Co. Ltd. and SLOVNAFT, a.s. polypropylene to be used in highly
different fields of application, which are briefly described as follows:
- Pipes (rigid and flexible, pressure pipes, corrugated, etc.)
- Related relative fittings
- Extruded and cast sheets, corrugated sheets, profiles
- Extruded sheets for the thermoforming of containers
- Rigid and flexible straps
- Monofilaments, fibers, staple fiber, etc., Slit and split film yarn, ropes and twines
- Non-woven fabrics (spun bonded)
- Household articles, toys
- Parts for household appliances, battery cases
- Articles and parts for the electrical, automotive, electronics and textile industries
- Injection or blow moulded containers for foodstuffs, cosmetics, toiletries, detergents and pharmaceuticals
- High speed injection moulded food-grade containers
- Transparent cast and blown film, biaxially oriented film
- Furnishing (chairs and chair backs, table tops, etc.)
Most TIPPLEN and TATREN grades satisfy the regulations applied by the European countries (EEC). Because several European countries apply restrictive regulations for the allowed migration values of additives in packaging material in contact with food, it is recommended that customers contact MOL Petrochemicals and SLOVNAFT for specific information.