Tipelin is a registered trade mark for medium and high density polyethylene grades manufactured by MOL Petrochemicals Co. Ltd.
MOL Petrochemicals unimodal medium and high-density TIPELIN grades (MDPE and HDPE) are produced by continuous suspension polymerisation using low pressure catalytic process under license of Phillips Petroleum Co. The density range of homopolymers and copolymers produced with hexene-1 comonomer grades is 934 - 961 kg/m3.
The bimodal high density TIPELIN types are produced by CX Process under license of Mitsui (as well as some of the unimodal polyethylene grade). This slurry phase polymerization employing a super-high-activity catalyst and a two-reactor system. (The density range of copolymer grades produced with butene-1 comonomer is 948 - 958 kg/m3.)
The wide range of grades and the careful selection of characteristics of the individual grades allow various applications including:
- Blown film grades for heavy duty bags, industrial bags, shopping bags, garbage bags and packaging films for medicines and foods;
- Blow moulding grades to manufacture household plastic products, bottles and cans for foods including oils, soft drink extracts, dairy products and large capacity barrels for household or industrial chemicals, and corrugated pipes;
- Pipe grades for corrugated and protective pipes, steel pipe coating;
- Sheet extrusion grades for sheets and thermoformed sheets.
- Injection moulding grades for houseware and industrial packaging, consumer goods.
- Split film yarn for agricultural packaging (raschel bag, round bale net).
Most TIPELIN grades satisfy the regulations applied by the European countries (EEC). Because several European countries apply restrictive regulations for the allowed migration values of additives in packaging material in contact with food, it is recommended that customers contact MOL Petrochemicals for special information.