Brabender is a leading manufacturer of instruments and equipment for testing raw materials used in research, development and industrial production in all areas of the plastics and rubber industries as well as in various sectors of the food and chemical industries. Brabender was founded in 1923 by Carl Wilhelm Brabender and is part of the Brabender Group, which employs around 450 people in various parts of the world. In addition, Brabender is represented worldwide by around 100 agencies in more than 130 countries.
As a partner to the global plastics and rubber industry, Brabender offers customized individual and modular solutions for rheology and extrusion on a laboratory scale, suitable peripheral equipment and equipment for special measuring tasks.
Brabender's product portfolio includes, among others:
- Torque rheometers as table-top versions and as universal stationary drives with suitable measuring mixer, single-screw or twin-screw extruder attachments.
- Compact single-screw and twin-screw extruders with integrated drives
- Extruder dies and screws
- Peripheral equipment for extrusion processes, such as feeders, conveyor belts, water baths, pelletizers, take-off and winding devices
- Devices for special measuring tasks, e.g. determination of material moisture, density or oil absorption
The range of applications for Brabender solutions covers a broad field. Among other things, they are used for the following tasks:
- Material characterization according to DIN EN ISO or ASTM standards, including determination of plasticizing, flow-hardening and absorption behavior
- Extrusion of round strands, ribbons, profiles, hoses, cables, etc.
- Extrusion and quality control of films
- Production of filaments, e. g. for 3D printing
- Preparation of polymeric specimens
Customers and interested parties are provided with comprehensive advice and support. In the Application Laboratory, they can also test the instruments on site, even with their own sample material, or take part in training courses.