Among the most interesting applications of Perclax® methacrylate blocks are AQuariA® Aquarium windows, high technologies pure cast acrylic blocks, specifically produced, certified (PVHO-1) and guaranteed, for underwater use.
Over the past several years, this innovative material has been used for the new, large private and public aquarium generation.
AQuariA® pure cast acrylics, stands out for its extreme purity and transparency, brightness, lightness and ageing resistance, as well as for the standard production of large acrylic blocks, with thicknesses up to 750 mm and sizes up to 9980×3050 mm.
The great mechanical properties of our AQuariA® methacrylate, in addition with the great ductility of the material, allowed Clax to produce and design aquarium tanks, within the biggest in the world.
In addition, AQuariA® acrylic can be bent by thermoforming process in order to obtain large cylinders and tunnels keeping the same unchanged and excellent optical, physical and transparency properties.
Hold up the pressure of tons of water.
The production of thick pure cast acrylic blocks of high molecular weight, specifically produced, certified and guaranteed for underwater use, is a prerogative of Clax Italia AQuarium Division, and are identified and marked with the AQuariA® brand, which is guarantee of:
1. Calibrated and calculated thicknesses, by Clax Italia engineering dept. in accordance with international building codes;
2. Physical/chemical properties which consider a constant and static thrust due to water loading on one of the two surfaces;
3. High technologies pure cast polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) blocks, subjected to annealing process;
4. Complete polymerization that guarantee less internal material tensions;
5. 30 years guarantee against yellowing;
6. Surfaces with a minimum of total transmitted light equal or higher than 92%;
BONDING and INSTALLATIONS techniques and technologies for large PMMA components are another important element through which Clax Italia AQuarium Division team can use its know-how.
Especially for blocks of big thickness, bonding and installation technologies should be performed without compromising purity and transparency, keeping high mechanical properties. Based on rigorous and meticulous researches, Clax Italia has developed his own chemical adhesives (acrylic resins generally known as “glues”) produced “ad hoc” for this specific field, and not available, as a separate product, on the market.