VICTREX™ PAEK-based composites are the solution of choice for applications that demand the performance of PEEK, combined with increased mechanical properties. The results is a composite material that offers comparable performance with metals as well as many additional benefits.
Choose Victrex composite solutions when your application needs
- Fatigue resistance and strength comparable to metals, but a metal alternative is needed
- High strength and stiffness to weight ratio
- Improved damage tolerance compared with thermoset composite material
- Tailored mechanical properties, including localised reinforcement, within the component
Applications made with Victrex composite material technology are being adopted as metal and thermoset replacements due to the increased need for aerospace composite technologies to provide better performance, higher mechanical properties and cost reductions.
Through a combination of Victrexs novel composite manufacturing hybrid-molding processing technology, and in-depth product and application development support, Victrexs continuous fibre-reinforced thermoplastic composites deliver an unmatched combination of design freedom and strength, among a range of other benefits, to aerospace customers.
BENEFITS FOR THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY:
Victrexs thermoplastic composites are up to 60% lighter than metals and metal alloys. They are also up to five times higher in specific strength than metals and alloys. Part manufacturing cycle times measured in minutes compared to the hours it could take for a thermoset or metal equivalent.APPLICATIONS
- Aerospace brackets, clips, clamps and fasteners
- Structural components and systems in the aircraft
Victrex has worked in partnership with Magma Global to develop PEEK composite capability, expertise and solutions, which has enabled Magma to create m-pipe™, the most reliable subsea pipe for jumpers, risers and flowlines.BENEFITS FOR THE ENERGY INDUSTRY:
A leader in PAEK based composite materials and solutions
- More than ten times higher impact strength and damage tolerance than thermosets.
- Greater durability in harsh chemical environments compared to metals.
- Long-term reliability due to excellent fatigue and creep resistance.
- Up to 60% lighter than metals and metal alloys.
With unrivalled PAEK capacity, and integration into major raw monomer materials, Victrex leverages its market-leading PAEK manufacturing capability, along with significant R&D resources to provide a combination of:
- Complete composite turnkey solutions
- Composite hybrid-molding material and process technology
- Innovative composite material manufacturing capability
- Hybrid Molding Technology
Victrexs innovative hybrid molding technology, developed exclusively for the aerospace industry, allows engineers to overmould a VICTREX™ PAEK-based composite material with fibre-reinforced injection molding PEEK polymers. With this enabling technology, components can be manufactured faster with greater functionality and durability - even under high loads.
Additional benefits include:
●High specific strength.
●Elimination of secondary operations and scrap.
●Less energy requirements during processing.
●Fully recyclable materials.