A range of belling machines for PVC-U pipes that offer several configuration options and equipment to meet market demands in terms of production capacity for plastic pipe extrusion systems.
Versions with hot air oven, oven with ceramic elements, shortwave oven, and air or water socket cooling system.
Machines can be configured with one or two heating stations.
Base version: One heating station with enhanced hot air oven and pre-cooled compressed air socket cooling system.
J version: Uses Sicas advanced and exclusive patented socket cooling and forming systems. These systems allow machines configured for high production capacity and smaller dimensions. Specifically, these machines with just one heating station and one forming station with air socket cooling can reach production capacities equal to or greater than traditional belling machines configured with two heating stations and water cooling systems.
Heating system: Unibell J belling machines use ovens with shortwave infrared rays (IR-SW ovens), which are particularly effective in heating pipes with mid to high wall-thickness. IR-SW ovens regulate emission of the heating power with directly control of the temperature that is constantly measured on the surface of the pipe. The ovens have separate heating areas activated differently depending on the dimensions of the pipe section to be heated.
Cooling system: Unibell J belling machines use a Sica patented socket cooling system with compressed air cooling fluid, treated with a special internal refrigeration cycle. This system is integrated with an additional process that recovers the refrigeration capacity of the fluid, which is also patented by Sica. After cooling the socket wall, the fluid is recovered and used to cool the forming mandrel, optimizing energy efficiency throughout the socket forming phase.
JW PLUS versions: they boast greater production capacity, with a socket cooling system that is enhanced further than the J version and uses compressed air mixed with pressurized atomized water as cooling fluid.
UNIBELL (Base, J and JW Plus) belling machines can also be configured with two heating stations (UNIBELL2) to achieve maximum production capacities.
R version: UNIBELL belling machines intended for production with mechanical mandrel can also be configured in an R version for the Rieber forming process.
Advantages and key features:
- Reduced footprint and high productivity thanks to the use of a single IR-SW heating station and socket cooling system with internal cooling cycle (Sica patent), as well as a special ring loading system (Rieber R versions).
- Low energy consumption heating cycle with IR-SW oven. The heating station switches on only when the pipe is to be heated and power output is controlled by the temperature measured directly on the pipe surface.
- Low energy consumption socket forming cycle. The socket cooling fluid is recovered and used to cool the forming mandrel (Sica patent).
- High quality socket with excellent surface finish. The socket is formed and calibrated internally on the mandrel by compressed air. The socket is then cooled with filtered dry air.
- Reliable work process. Only filtered and dried air is used in the forming cycle, which means: simple system construction, easy component cleaning, and no corrosion.
- Versatility with a variety of machine configurations. Versions are available for the Rieber (R) system, as well as simplified versions only with mechanical mandrel and solvent-cement socket.
- Quick tool change for switching pipe diameter with both mechanical mandrel and Rieber systems, using patented Sica equipment.
- Sockets short pipes down to 0.5 meters on drainage pipe.
- High productivity version with two heating stations (/2) and cooling via compressed air mixed with pressurized atomized water (JW). Sica patent.