The know-how achieved from more than 2,000 realised automotive projects, means that SONOTRONIC is one of the top producers in the market. We develop and produce customised special machines for joining and punching individual components for the exteriors and interiors.
As a global player we are market leaders in the automotive industry in the field of ultrasonic plastics processing. We offer individual, customised solutions to welding and punching problems, from standard machines for small series production and special machines for high-speed series production through to fully automatic, flexible production lines.
We use innovative ultrasonic technologies for processing thermoplastics, such as PP, PP-EPDM, PC/ABS, PC/PBT or composite materials, such as textile/PUR, slush/PUR/ABS, infrared and hot plate technologies for special tasks.Applications
We have already developed and produced machines for various applications on behalf of our customers, in more than 2,000 individual projects, such as:
- Punching holes in bumpers, with gluing or welding of dog clips, for parking sensors, headlight cleaning systems, side markers and tow bars.
- Welding of wheel arch panels, underbody linings or headlight glass
- Surface welding of natural fibre fleece to load floor panels
- Cutting and welding of filter fleece on plastic mandrels of variable diameters and lengths
- Welding air ducts
- Welding and punching door panels
- Punching holes for windstops, door openers, window winders, access lights, navigation modules
- Welding textile inserts, rear panels of glove compartments and suspension bars in door panels
- Welding instrument clusters
- Welding top and bottom sections of glove compartments using thermal contact
- Punching and cutting airbags
- Thermofixing, punching and cutting-to-length of various belts