Our company was founded in 1948 by Wilhelm Schultheis. Right from the start, we specialized in the manufacture of machines for screening and compacting. In more than 60 intervening years since its establishment, VIBRA SCHULTHEIS has earned an excellent reputation for innovation and developed into an internationally recognized partner of the chemical and food industries. In 1970, the day-to-day running of the company passed to the founder's son, also named Wilhelm Schultheis. In the meantime, the third family generation – Winfried Schultheis and Manfred Schultheis – has taken over the helm as joint Managing Directors.
Important milestones on the route to our present product range:
- 1948 Manufacture of the first vibrating machines
- 1960 Manufacture of electromagnetic vibrators
- 1968 Equipment of complete cold rooms for freeze drying plants
- 1978 Manufacture of the first motor vibrators
- 1989 Development and delivery of modern fluid-bed roasting plants
- 1992 Start of production at our new Utzberg/Weimar facility
- 1996 Development of highly efficient screening and cooling conveyors for the plastics industry
- 1996 Construction of a new pilot plant
- 1997 Development of natural-frequency fluid-bed dryers with a fluidizing plate area of up to 30 m² for maximum operator convenience
- 2000 New ERF series of vibrator units with frequency control
- 2001 Development of a modular system of natural-frequency conveyors
- 2008 Patented crystallization process with a vibrating swirl tray conveyor
Our company's success is rooted in collaborative partnerships with our clients as well as in the awareness of every single employee that the ultimate goal of each individual step is customer satisfaction with the finished product. Our impressive evolution has been accompanied by the regular extension of our production equipment, which meanwhile covers a total floor space of more than 12,000 m².