PERSPEX® acrylic sheet is a most useful material in the workshop because it can be used to make precision engineering components for both domestic and industrial products. Typical applications include signs, glazing, safety screening, roof-lighting, furniture, lighting fittings and a great many industrial parts. Perspex® is manufactured in two forms; cast and extruded sheet.
PERSPEX® cast sheet is available in a wide range of thicknesses and colours, including blocks, colours and surface patterns.
Some differences exist between PERSPEX® cast and PERSPEX® XT (extruded) properties arising from
their molecular structure and this can be reflected in their fabrication behaviour. These differences are highlighted where appropriate in the handbook. Otherwise, fabrication behaviour may be assumed to be very similar for both products.
Outstanding Properties of PERSPEX®
- Exceptional light transmission with virtually no colour bias - even in thick blocks.
- Excellent resistance to outdoor weathering.
- A high gloss, hard surface
- High tensile strength and rigidity
- Good resistance to impact
- Easy to clean
- Easily thermoformable
- Excellent environmental credentials