NYACOL is privately held specialty chemicals company that develops and manufactures primarily sub-200 nm metal oxide nanoparticles as colloidal dispersions, powders and polymer concentrates. Founded in 1969, all company operations are in Massachusetts, USA. NYACOL is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
PRODUCTS AND APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
Flame Retardants (FR) and Fire Protection
• Antimony pentoxide synergists for use in halogen FR systems.
• Boehmite alumina (aluminum hydroxide oxide) as a high temperature endothermic FR additive and drip suppressant.
• NyaChar as a white, non-halogen intumescent for coatings and foam applications.
• NYAGRAPH expandable graphite as a non-halogen FR additive (North America only).
Inorganic IR Absorbers
• Antimony tin oxide as dispersions and powders. Applications include laser marking, antistatic materials, and reheat agent for PET and other polymer bottle blowing molding and thermoforming. Available as a polymer concentrate for PP and PE.
• Indium tin oxide as an IR absorber and conductive/antistatic additive.
Inorganic UV Absorbers
• TiO2 dispersions and powders as transparent UV absorption and photoactive additives and coatings.
• Cerium oxide dispersions and powders. The product provides UV absorption with high transparency. The dispersions are used as part of polymer coating formulations.
• Zinc oxide as a dispersion or polymer concentrate. The product provides UV blocking in films with high transparency.
Transparent Antiblocking Additives
• Amorphous silica as dispersions, powders and polymer concentrates.
• Silica powder of 2-4 microns for high performance antiblocking.
• Highly dispersible silica as an additive for PE and PP films.