CLEVELAND, September 9, 2016 – The Lubrizol Corporation’s Engineered Polymers business announces that it will highlight its latest thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) solutions alongside its distributor VELOX® GmbH at K 2016 from October 19-26, 2016 in Hall 6, booth A23.
At K 2016 Lubrizol’s Engineered Polymers team will focus on the following recent TPU developments for improved mechanical properties:
· Novel aliphatic TPU expanding the broadest portfolio of color-stable (non-yellowing) and superior staining- and UV-resistant TPU solutions for the design of transparent or light-colored molded parts.
· New self-healing Estane® VSN 9000 TPU: Lightweight material (more than 50% lower than metal) designed to improve the performance of aesthetically-critical parts by reducing scratches.
· High-adhesion, soft PearlbondTM 300 Plasticizer-free series for bonding of any substrates in the textile market, even difficult ones. The outstanding elasticity of the new soft TPU gives a freedom of movement, as well as comfort and soft touch.
· New high-performance BounCell-XTM TPU foam: Nitrogen-gas-infused low density recyclable foam providing long-term cushioning and protection in footwear, electronics, protective equipment and automotive applications.
· New fast and high-heat resistant Pearlbond™ 700 series: High-performing solutions for fast setting bonding with good mechanical properties at low temperatures.
Jesus Santamaria, Lubrizol Engineered Polymers’ EMEAI business director, notes, “Lubrizol has more than 55 years of experience in engineered polymers and the broadest TPU portfolio available. We apply our industry leading knowledge to develop innovative materials to help inventors and engineers deliver next-generation technologies. Our lineup of advanced materials include lightweight, adhesive, soft, transparent and self-healing specialty solutions.”
Guillaume Fromont, VELOX product manager, comments, "VELOX and Lubrizol have been working closely together since 2002 with great success for both companies. We are pleased to have a common booth at the K show and look forward to having interesting discussions with customers and prospects. Thanks to continuous investments in research and development, we constantly offer new TPU solutions to the market. We are very proud of Lubrizol’s trust in VELOX to distribute their innovative and wide-range of products.”