Schaetti coat products consist of thermoplastic powders for coating metals. They are mainly applied in fluidised bed procedures: Air is blown through a porous bed-plate and onto the powder, creating something known as a "fluidised bed". The aerated powder behaves like a liquid, into which the pre-warmed object may be dipped.
The following product and application advantages should be noted:
Excellent adhesive power, chemical resistance and corrosion resistanceVery hard, providing good protection against knocks and scratches, resistant to acidsResistant to UV light and weather damageEasy handling and application - even on corners and edgesShort coating times, solvent-free and environmentally friendly processing
Schaetti coat products are used for coating the following example products:
Electrical battery traysGarden and pool furnitureWire products for the home and other locationsInside coating of fire extinguishersAutomotive parts and accessoriesCan seam coating
Schaetti fix thermoplastic powders melt and bond under heat. Hot-melt adhesive powders are increasingly being used for processing textile surfaces and are in each case being optimised in terms of the properties required.
They have the following advantages:
– The ability to bond within a wide temperature range starting from just 80 C and without causing damage
– High stability during washing and chemical cleaning
– Independent coating and bonding, the adhesive can often be re-activated
– No solvents and emissions, environmentally friendly, compliant with REACH
– Straightforward, dry, cost-effective, flexible and safe processability
Common application areas:
– Interlining fabrics for men's and women's outerwear
– Toe puffs, shoe inlays and soles
– Automotive textiles for interior trim and seats
– Technical building and insulating textiles
– Paste components for screen and textile printing
Expertise combined with a pioneering spirit ... The Swiss company Schaetti is a world leader in the development, polymerisation, compounding and micronisation and sale of thermoplastic and thermofusible powder technologies. For more than 55 years, the Schaetti name has stood for innovation and quality, and the company has gone from being the initial pioneer to the leader within the field.
... Partnership and reliability We offer our customers tailor-made solutions and provide a complete range of services. We think in terms of projects, offer practical advice and are happy to share our sound knowledge both during and after project implementation. You can rely on our support, wherever you are in the world.