New PPS resin supplier born in Korea

Japan's Teijin (Tokyo) and its Korean partner SK Chemicals (Seoul) have set up a joint venture to develop and market polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) resins and compounds in Ulsan, South Korea. Construction of a 12,000-tonnes/year PPS resin plant began on October 1.

Teijin owns 34% of the new company, called Initz Co., with SK Chemicals holding the remaining 66% share. Initz will be a newcomer to the PPS market, joining incumbents such as Sabic IP, Ticona, Toray, DIC, Kureha, and Polyplastics.

Initz expects to produce the world's first chlorine- or sodium-free PPS resins utilizing proprietary technologies of SK Chemicals. Working in cooperation with Teijin and SK Chemicals, Initz will start by providing samples to selected customers in the automotive and electronics fields....

Read more