CHINA: Cabot and Risun complete construction on new carbon black plant in Xingtai

The approximately USD 140 million project, in its first phase, has the capacity to produce 130,000 t/y and was designed for future expansion to 300,000 t/y. It is owned 60 % by Cabot, with Risun holding the remaining 40 %. The Xingtai plant utilizes advanced emissions control and energy efficiency technology to minimize impact on the environment and at the same time reduce energy consumption.

"Our new manufacturing site will be a welcome addition to our local economy, as it will create new job opportunities for local workers, introduce new technology, establish a new sustainable business model, and bring a sophisticated management system," explained Yang Xuegang, chairman and president of Risun Group.

Source: Weekly "PetroChemical News", Durham, NC, USA; 16 Sept 2013
(Syed Rashid Ali, Karachi, Pakistan)