03 Machinery and equipment for the plastics and rubber industries
03.05 Welding machines
03.05.006 Friction welding machines
Friction welding machines
Product category: Welding
Since 1969, Mecasonic has continued to grow and diversify. Our innovation spirit has enabled us to embrace different welding technologies to meet all the requirements. Now, we are specialized in Ultrasonics, spin welding, hot plate and vibration. Our welders combine technical sophistication with ease of use. They can be easily integrated in your production facilities.
Ultrasonic welding : Quick and economic join technology which offer a clean and solid weld.
Spin welding : The ideal solution to guarantee perfect welds on circular parts : watertight and highly resistant welds.
Hot-plate welding : This technology is suited for large polyethylene, polyamide parts, in a wide range of applications.
Vibration welding : Friction energy is converted into heat by applying the necessary amounts of pressure during the vibration and cooling stages.
Our international expansion has enabled us to branch out into a wide range of fields, including food processing, automotive, cosmetics, household appliances, electronics, entertainment, medical, metals, packaging and fabrics, to name but a few.
Hot plate welding consists of two stages : The two parts to be joined together are pressed against a metal platen that is heated to just above the melting point. When the parts have sufficiently softened, they are moved apart, the metal platen is removed, and the parts are pressed together until they form a solid bond.
Hot-plate welding delivers productivity, quality, accuracy, safety and operator convenience. Our machines feature automatic preheating, quick tool changeover and many control systems.
Hot-air welding makes it possible to weld vertically and horizontally in one operation. It can be used with all combinations of thermoplastics.
This versatile technique will fully meet your expectations and guarantee quality welds that are clean, soundproof and free of odour. These easily interchangeable tools and the work station designed by our technicians will make your operators' jobs easier.
Hot-air welding is a solution when all other welding techniques fail.
How it works: Hot-air welding is a technique in which parts are locally heated with air heated to a temperature compatible with the parts and their material and then cooled.
This technopolymer assembly process guarantees precision, tight seals and high mechanical strength for your parts. A type of friction welding, spin welding involves pressing a rotating part against a stationary part to bond them together. Our range :
- MCRI 37 : For welding parts measuring 3 to 8 mm in diameter
- MCRI 4 : For assembling parts measuring 6 to 40 mm in diameter
- MCRI 115 : For welding parts measuring 30 to 170 mm in diameter
Our machines are modular and can be easily integrated an existing production line
The ultrasonic welding consists in vibrating two parts against each other where it is desired to generate the heat of fusion, keeping them together during a cooling phase. Thereby obtaining the weld of the two parts. The vibration part is provided by vibrating a tool called "ultrasonic horn".
Our range of ultrasonic welders :
- The MCA model is the entry-level product of our Omega III range. It will easily meet all your needs and integrate smoothly into your production line. The welder can be controlled by an external PLC.
- The MCS 2 model combines simplicity with performance to push back the feasibility limits of ultrasonic welding. With its amplitude variation function, whice opens up new welding possibilities, the MCS2 is top-o-range product.
- The MCX model was created to combine precision, reliability and robustness with analysis, control and management for welds. This version includes the "amplitude profile" function to ensure perect welding results. The MCX is designed for easy integration in an automated manufacturing facility and offers a full PLC communication system for ptimal control.
Thermoplastics assembly specialist Pioneer in the ultrasonic assembly of thermoplastic since 1969, MECASONIC continues to innovate in this area by developing new technologies when the dimensions or materials needed.
MECASONIC is today recognized as one of the leading global players in the industry, with a perfect knowledge of welding techniques for thermoplastics. Through our distributors, agents and subsidiaries, we are now present in over 22 countries. With local service for international customers, MECASONIC products are distributed worldwide.
Our international expansion has also enabled us to branch out into a wide range of fields, including food processing, automotive, cosmetics, household appliances, electronics, entertainment, medical, metals, packaging and fabrics, to name but a few.