SML Maschinengesellschaft mbH is a mechanical engineering company with an international orientation, which since its foundation in 1995 has specialised in the manufacture of customised extrusion technology for the plastics and packaging industries.
A diversity of solutions and applications
A multifaceted extrusion product range and an extensive selection of film winders offer a wide range of applications.
The business area in overview:
- Cast film lines for the production of thin and flexible films, which generally have thicknesses of between 8 and 150µm
- Sheet lines for the production of semi-rigid films, which as a rule have thicknesses of between 150 and 2,500µm
- Coating and lamination lines for the production of flexible composites for the packaging industry, breathable composites and composites made from aluminium and paper
- Winders for films and composites
- Austrofil multifilament spinning lines for technical and carpet yarns
Customers in focus
Irrespective of whether they are custom-built or standardised, SML offers holistic plant solutions that have been developed in line with customer requirements. Spurred on by a strong customer orientation, a highly qualified team of specialists repeatedly calls technical limits into question and subsequently establishes new benchmarks. For example, the recently unveiled MasterCast stretch film line with a working film width of 6m and a capacity of 4,500 kg/h has set a new world record. In-house, pilot lines facilitate the development of new and sophisticated applications, which constantly have customer advantages and satisfaction as their number one priority.
SML products and solutions are in global demand
Company headquarters are located in Lenzing, Austria and a tightly-knit, worldwide network of sales and service representatives ensures local proximity to the customer, and thus provides the prerequisites for stable, long-term partnerships.