Telefex, which has dramatically increased its role in medical plastics, is now actively seeking several new employees for its recently expanded extrusion plant in Jaffrey, NH. The company, which was founded in 1943 as a manufacturer of precision mechanical push/pull controls for military aircraft, is moving into an expanded corporate headquarters in Wayne, PA next year.
The company has divested all non-medical assets and has been rapidly buying plastics-consuming assets, including these in 2012:
• LMA International, a global provider of laryngeal masks whose products are used in anesthesia and emergency care. In a separate transaction, the company also acquired the LMA-branded laryngeal mask supraglottic airway business and certain other products in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
• Hotspur Technologies, a developer of catheter-based technologies designed to restore blood flow in patients with obstructed vessels.
• Semprus BioSciences, a biomedical spinout from MIT's Langer Lab that developed a covalently bonded, non-leaching polymer designed to reduce infections and thrombus related complications.
• Axiom Technology Partners, the supplier of EFx laparoscopic facial closure system.
• The EZ-Blocker product line, a single-use catheter used to perform lung isolation and one-lung ventilation.
• VasoNova Inc., a privately held company with proprietary intra-vascular catheter navigation technology....