Colloids, the Makers of Masterbatch, at the K Show October 2013, Hall 8A Stand D01
Technical Breakthroughs, Capital Investment and Restructuring at Colloids – Bringing Tangible Benefits to Customers
Colloids have announced technical innovations in masterbatch and additives covering;
- the PACE® series including masterbatches based on solvent black (nigrosine) and/or carbon black as well as formulations offering improvements in frictional properties or heat stabilisation
- the E-TEC® range of antistatic, dissipative and conductive compounds for applications where varying degrees of permanent electrical conductivity are required
- an enhanced range of special effects for film, to further augment the company’s innovative seasonal colour palettes, ensuring customers' products stand out
- lead-free film – with a doubling of the grades available - covering the extremes of opacity and both light and colour fastness, all approved for EU food contact applications
- the all new SUSTAIN* line: bio-based for environmental sustainability (typically corn starch or cane sugar) and available in either universal or polymer-specific (polyamide, polyethylene and polyesters including PLA) masterbatches. The Sustain range is fully recyclable and will not impact on the quality if mixed with fossil derived polymers of the same type, unlike biodegradable polymers.
Technical and commercial staff from Colloids will be on hand at the K Trade Fair, Hall 8A Stand D01, October 16 - 23 2013, in Düsseldorf Germany to discuss these breakthroughs, as well as the benefits of:
- significant recent investments in plant, including one million euro for a complete new twin screw extrusion line featuring high torque and high volume extrusion, with multiple loss-in weight feeders in addition to an underwater strand pelletizing technology (particularly suited to high temperature crystalline polymers) for more uniform geometry - providing greater stability in the customer’s process
- major re-structuring that has seen both production facilities in the UK brought together under the Colloids brand, as well as further strengthening in key company functions such as R&D, Quality, Black and Colour Development and Regulatory Affairs.
Russell Livesey, Managing Director of Colloids commented: “Every day Colloids works hard making the most economically viable masterbatch – with all the right attributes – readily available in the right quantities at the right place and time: as I and our team look forward to explaining further at K in Düsseldorf.”
*Note: the new SUSTAIN bio based line is being launched alongside Colloids
existing D-K ® range of colour masterbatches for compostable applications
Note for Editors
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Colloids Ltd. has been producing high quality masterbatches / concentrates for the thermoplastics industry since 1967. The company offers custom designed solutions alongside a comprehensive range of standard products.
Long known best for technical, speciality and functional black masterbatch, Colloids’ reputation has expanded in fields including colour masterbatch, pressure pipe, artificial grass, bio-plastics and high dispersion film.
As part of the international Tosaf Group, Colloids exports over 75% of sales worldwide into sectors including packaging, automotive, construction, agriculture, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, appliances, household, and electrical / electronic.
Backed by ISO/TS 16949:2009 accreditation, Colloids continually strives to improve performance in both service and products - supported by the highly skilled R&D team and extensively equipped laboratory facilities.
The company is accredited to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard, and committed to continually developing novel technologies in areas such as bioplastics, polymer recycling, energy recovery and responsible disposal.
Kirkby Bank Road
Knowsley Industrial Park North
+44 (0) 151 546 9222
Mark Wilden - European Business Development Manager
+44 (0) 7850 773 296
Bjorn Evans - Export Sales Manager
+44 (0) 7803 671 952
Russell Livesey - Managing Director
+44 (0) 151 546 9222
Josephine Bagnall - Sales & Marketing Director
+44 (0) 7867 907 514