Company Exhibiting at K Show Oct. 16 – 23, 2013 Booth 8a/G45
COLUMBUS, Ohio (Sept. 30, 2013) -- Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC (“Momentive”), through its subsidiaries Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. (MSC) and Momentive Performance Materials Inc. (MPM), will be showcasing a number of products for the automotive industry at the upcoming K Show in Dusseldorf, Germany. Momentive is a leading global supplier of epoxy, phenolic, silicone, and silane specialty engineered material systems and additives designed to enable auto manufacturers and their suppliers to build lighter weight, higher performing cars that can achieve demanding sustainability and fuel efficiency targets.
Momentive’s automotive technologies to be featured at the K 2013 include:
- Fast-curing EPIKOTETM epoxy resin systems and EPIKURETM curing agents enable parts manufacturers to produce lightweight carbon fiber-reinforced structural body parts in cycle times as short as two minutes. Epoxy-carbon fiber composite parts can generate up to 60 percent weight savings over their metal counterparts.
- MPM is introducing SilFORT* UVHC5000 coating, with improved weatherability that helps protect parts made of clear polycarbonate against abrasion, chemical damage, and degradation caused by UV radiation. UVHC 5000 coating is ideally suited for automotive forward lighting applications.
- SILOPREN* silicone elastomers find use in a variety of applications under the hood due to their resistance to heat and automotive fluids. MPM continues to innovate with SILOPREN Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) technology, and the glass-clear LSR 7000 series is a new alternative to glass and transparent thermoplastics in high power LED lighting.
- New enhancements in BAKELITE® engineering thermoset compounds enable manufacturers to use injection or compression molding for lightweight, high-performance parts for under-the-hood applications such as pulleys, pumps and housings. Parts made of BAKELITE® engineering thermosets have demonstrated weight savings of up to 40 percent versus aluminum.
- NXT* silane additives are enabling tire manufacturers to produce low rolling resistance with improved wet traction and stopping power compared to standard sulfur silanes. NXT low-VOC silane additives also can help tire manufacturers reduce ethanol emissions during manufacture by more than 60 percent.
- MPM’s NIAX* additives are used in molded foam for automotive seating and for polyurethane-based headliners, headrests, dashboards, and noise dampers. NIAX additives offer reduced volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and enhanced processing characteristics, while helping to reduce foam weight.
- MPM’s Cool FX* hybrid fillers increase thermal conductivity of thermoplastics, yet allow the materials to retain electrical resistance and remain suitable for injection molding. This combination of properties is leading to applications where space constraints and heat management are concerns, such as LED lighting.
With a broad range of technologies, decades of industry experience, and proven materials systems, Momentive is a trusted partner to many automotive parts manufacturers around the world. And with its global manufacturing network and research, applications and support centers, the Company is able to serve OEMs around the world.
Learn more about these and many other Momentive specialty materials, technologies and applications by visiting with the Momentive automotive team in Booth 8a/G45 at the K 2013 Trade Fair, Oct. 16-23, in Dusseldorf, Germany.
About Momentive Specialty Chemicals
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. serves global industrial markets through a broad range of thermoset technologies, specialty products and technical support for customers in a diverse range of applications and industries. Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC.
About Momentive Performance Materials
Based in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of being first to market with performance applications for major industries that support and improve everyday life. The Company delivers science-based solutions by linking custom technology platforms to opportunities for customers. Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC.
Momentive Performance Materials Holdings LLC (“Momentive”) is the ultimate parent company of Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. Momentive is a global leader in specialty chemicals and materials, with a broad range of advanced specialty products that help industrial and consumer companies support and improve everyday life. Its technology portfolio delivers tailored solutions to meet the diverse needs of its customers around the world. Momentive was formed in October 2010 through the combination of entities that indirectly owned Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Hexion Specialty Chemicals Inc. The capital structures and legal entity structures of both Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. (formerly known as Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Inc.), and their respective subsidiaries and direct parent companies, remain separate. Momentive Performance Materials Inc. and Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. file separate financial and other reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Momentive is controlled by investment funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, LLC. Additional information about Momentive and its products is available at www.momentive.com.
TM, ® Denotes trademarks owned by or licensed to Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc.
* Denotes trademarks owned by or licensed to Momentive Performance Materials Inc.