German-based Brückner Maschinenbau will present in booth W-4763 the latest technologies that help film producers to manufacture a variety of special functional plastic films. Some of the offerings for packaging and label films include:
• Inline coating technology for BOPET and BOPP
• Production lines for high-barrier BOPP films in 5, 7 or 9 layers
• In-line and off-line technologies for trendy shrink sleeves with high-value appearance based on PET-G, OPS, PP or PVC
Brückner’s film stretching lines offer working widths up to 10.4m, production speeds above 500 m/min. Visitors at the Brückner booth will see latest solutions for improved operating stability and high line uptime.
In all lines, Brückner Maschinenbau continues to optimize the possibilities for energy savings. The measures presented are consistent with the German “Blue Competence” sustainability initiative, also promoted at NPE:
• Low energy twin screw and high speed single screw extrusion systems
• Direct fluff feeding system
• TDO heat recovery system
• Direct drives
• Regenerating energy for line drive systems
A highlight will be the “Intelligent Line Management” (ILM) including an energy monitor for measuring and analysing the energy consumption of the film production process based on the international standard ISO 50001.
Brückner will also show latest developments regarding reduced raw materials usage, decreased number of process steps and bio-based and bio-degradable raw materials.
• Down gauging of films while still achieving excellent film performance to reduce raw material consumption
• Manufacture of ultra-high barrier films (UHB) based on a multi-layer extrusion process to reduce subsequent process steps
• New lines and upgrading solutions for existing lines for BOPLA film production