Efficient cleaning of moulds and tools is becoming increasingly important, not only to improve quality and productivity but also to reduce costs by minimising wear of moulds and tools and avoiding shut-down time. With its ASCOJET dry ice blasting technology, Swiss company ASCO CARBON DIOXIDE LTD offers a powerful but gentle cleaning method to clean all kind of moulds and tools (e.g. plastic injection moulds, moulds for PU-production, ingot moulds, core boxes etc.). ASCO specialises in integrating dry ice blasting into the daily work process and already many companies in the plastic and foundry sector have benefitted from this experience.
This innovative cleaning method offers the following advantages:
- Gentle: The surfaces of the moulds and tools are not damaged or altered. The edges and corners remain intact and the product quality is improved.
- No dismantling: ASCOJET Dry Ice Blasting can be applied directly onto the production plant. The forms do not need to be removed or cooled down allowing virtually continuous production and avoiding expensive shut-down time. This way the cleaning process can easily be integrated as a fixed part of the production process.
- No secondary waste: The blasting material, dry ice (100 % CO2), turns to gas as soon as it hits the surface. Thus, there is no blasting material or chemical substances to be disposed of. Not least, work conditions are improved because dry ice blasting does not charge the staff with additional dust contrary to sand or granular blasting.
- Environmentally friendly: As no secondary waste is caused and no solvents or other chemical substances are used, ASCOJET dry ice blasting is an environmentally friendly cleaning method.
- Dry: As this blasting system leaves a dry surface, there is no there is no danger of corrosion or that electrical components could be damaged.
Dry Ice Blasting Unit ASCOJET 908K
Especially developed for the plastics industry is ASCO’s new Dry Ice Blasting Unit ASCOJET 908K. Manufacturers, particularly in the sector of plastic injection moulding appreciate this newly launched unit, which offers also to this sector significant cost savings for tool and mould cleaning. Key benefits of this speciality product are very easy handling, low air consumption and a handy gun with a specially designed short plastic nozzle. This way, moulds can be cleaned online without being damaged.